Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fa la la la la....Merry Christmas!!!!

YES I know I'm late...or too early.
A few months ago I came across a website with decorated sugar cookies. I scrolled down and saw a recipe to duplicate the same cookies. I said to myself, "Hey, I can try to make those!"
Into my kitchen I went with recipe on hand, determined to make cut-out cookies. My first attempt was a flop. Not only did the cookies expanded, but they looked nowhere like a christmas tree or a star. Second attempt...flop! Although, I did use a different recipe quite similar to the first one, the cookies again expanded.
So to make a long story short, after researching recipe after recipe....after recipe, I decided to make my own recipe. Below, you'll see my finished product, I think I did a pretty good job.
 I have to admit, they are a lot of work, but I found it to be so therapeutic.




No comments:

Post a Comment